Close

    • Nissan R32, R33, and R34 RB26DETT 2.6 I6 motor technically goes back into production as part of Nissan Nismo Heritage program

      Ok, this is admittedly cool. It also makes you wonder why more manufacturers do not support their iconic models in the same fashion. The Nismo Heritage program will allow you to get various Nissan R32, R33, and R34 GT-R parts produced brand new from the factory.


      Want a new R32 cylinder head? What about an R34 engine block? Not a problem:


      The Heritage program is expected to expand and is available from certain Japanese dealers only at the moment.

      It should definitely make it easier to US enthusiasts to piece together their dream R32, R33, or R34 though once the parts hit the market.

      Now what would it take for Porsche or BMW to do the same for their iconic models?

      Source

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Nissan R32, R33, and R34 RB26DETT 2.6 I6 motor technically goes back into production as part of Nissan Nismo Heritage program started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 14 Comments
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        Nissan is the only Japanese manufacturer that still caters to the enthusiasts...take notes toyota, you suck now.
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        Nissan is the only Japanese manufacturer that still caters to the enthusiasts...take notes toyota, you suck now.
        Modern Nissan really sucks tho...their entire lineup except the GTR which is super overdue for a real redesign is just complete garbage.
        Including infiniti there is literally nothing good in their lineup.

        Just because they are making the RB blocks still doesn't mean they cater to enthusiasts.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
        Just because they are making the RB blocks still doesn't mean they cater to enthusiasts.
        Um, it kind of does.

        Plus they announced replacement for the GT-R and 370Z are in the pipeline.

        They may not be the Nissan of old but they are way better than Honda or Toyota.
      1. TheAxiom's Avatar
        TheAxiom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Um, it kind of does.

        Plus they announced replacement for the GT-R and 370Z are in the pipeline.

        They may not be the Nissan of old but they are way better than Honda or Toyota.
        I've always been a Nissan guy with Honda a second place option - but Nissan used to be a sporty brand and now they are just bland.

        It's Toyota that gave us the FRS, and the Supra, and the F series Lexus cars, the New Camry.
        They really injected some style and substance in their brand....Nissan and Honda don't.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheAxiom Click here to enlarge
        It's Toyota that gave us the FRS, and the Supra
        Some lame Subaru with Toyota badge and now a Z4 with a Toyota badge?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheAxiom Click here to enlarge
        and the F series Lexus cars,
        Which are a decade behind in performance with locked ECU's?

        Nisan is much more enthusiast oriented with more interesting performance cars IMO.
      1. F87Source's Avatar
        F87Source -
        I'm pretty sure you can still buy 2jz's from the dealership...

        What's pretty cool is hks has made a variable cam control kit for I believe the exhaust side cam of the rb26.
      1. TheAxiom's Avatar
        TheAxiom -
        I'm sure you can get a tune for an ISF and IS300/350.
      1. subaru335i's Avatar
        subaru335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Um, it kind of does.

        Plus they announced replacement for the GT-R and 370Z are in the pipeline.

        They may not be the Nissan of old but they are way better than Honda or Toyota.
        Im saying just making the RB26 block doesn't make up for the rest of the garbage they pump out.

        Announcing a replacement for the GTR and 370Z doesnt mean much anymore. Ill believe it when I see it.
        Toyota has mentioned they are doing a replacement for the GT86 with more power and also a new MR2 (but again, Ill believe it when I see it/can buy it).

        I agree Honda and Toyota aren't great for enthusiasts either but Nissan is probably the worst. At least Honda released the CTR in the us but IMO they haven't made anything I am interested in since the S2000.
      1. 93siro's Avatar
        93siro -
        Speaking of underwhelming Japanese brands, nothing can come close to Mitsu. They had VR4 Gallants, EVO, Eclipse, 3000GT and now they have Mirage? What the $#@!!
      1. F87Source's Avatar
        F87Source -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
        Speaking of underwhelming Japanese brands, nothing can come close to Mitsu. They had VR4 Gallants, EVO, Eclipse, 3000GT and now they have Mirage? What the $#@!!
        IKR! Damn I miss the evo's, Wish they would make an Evo XI
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
        Im saying just making the RB26 block doesn't make up for the rest of the garbage they pump out.

        Announcing a replacement for the GTR and 370Z doesnt mean much anymore. Ill believe it when I see it.
        Toyota has mentioned they are doing a replacement for the GT86 with more power and also a new MR2 (but again, Ill believe it when I see it/can buy it).

        I agree Honda and Toyota aren't great for enthusiasts either but Nissan is probably the worst. At least Honda released the CTR in the us but IMO they haven't made anything I am interested in since the S2000.
        Well I can't force them to release the replacements faster but the GT-R is still ahead of anything Honda or Toyota have with the best aftermarket of any Japanese car ever built.

        The NSX is a flow and the Civic Type R is boy racer junk.

        Toyota isn't even worth mentioning.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheAxiom Click here to enlarge
        I'm sure you can get a tune for an ISF and IS300/350.
        No tunes for the newer F models or LC500. Notice how you can't get a supercharger on them but you can on the older V8's? It's the locked ECU.

        Toyota sucks donkey balls.
      1. TheAxiom's Avatar
        TheAxiom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No tunes for the newer F models or LC500. Notice how you can't get a supercharger on them but you can on the older V8's? It's the locked ECU.

        Toyota sucks donkey balls.
        Please don't make me defend them....

        https://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-...rcftune001.htm
        And they have a supercharger

        (it's cheap too)
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheAxiom Click here to enlarge
        Please don't make me defend them....

        https://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-...rcftune001.htm
        And they have a supercharger

        (it's cheap too)
        Funny you mention that is it's exactly what I'm referencing and the owner contacted me for an article not too long ago: https://www.lexusboost.com/content.p...on-E70-ethanol

        Click here to enlarge

        Notice how there is no supercharger for the LC500 with the same motor? Why? The ECU is locked.

        Notice how the only options you have basically are centrifugal superchargers? Why? Easiest to tune for.

        No turbo kits, twin screws, etc. Toyota locks down the ECU's hard and doesn't want you to tune. I don't even think the IS-F ECU is fully cracked to this day.

        Like I said, Toyota isn't enthusiast friendly and frankly their performance models suck.